Urad dal ke pakode with ‘pudine ki chutney’ is a monsoon must have. But here in pahad, it is a very important dish. Prepared at almost all the ceremonies in pahad, urad dal ke pakode could be a comforting snack for every pahadi. Any event is incomplete without this snack. This crispy and crunchy dish is so addictive, that you will not be able to stop once you have a bite. Enjoy the traditional food of Uttarakhand by making it for your loved ones with your own twist.
Urad Dal ke pakode
- Ground Urad Dal – 4 cups
- Green Chillies – 2-3
- Salt – acc. to taste
- Ginger – finely chopped
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (optional)
- Oil (for frying)
- Sesame seeds – to put on the pakodas
- In a bowl, put urad dal.
- Add chopped green chilies, ginger, fenugreek, and salt.
- Now, add water to it to make a thick batter.
- In a deep pan heat oil
- Drop the balls of the batter in the oil or flatten it, acc. to your need.
- Before putting it in the oil, sprinkle sesame seeds on it.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Pakodas are ready, serve it with pudine ki chutney and tea.