T20 MATCHES LIST OF 2021- T20 match is a format of a cricket game where the two teams have a single innings each, which is restricted to a maximum of 20 overs.
Together with first-class and List A cricket, Twenty20 is one of the three current forms of cricket recognized by the International Cricket Council (ICC) as being at the highest international or domestic level.
It was first introduced by England and Wales cricket board back in 2003.
Duration in T20 match
A typical 20-20 match is completed in about 3 hours, where each inning lasting around 90 minutes, an official 10-minute break between the innings.
It first introduced to create a fast pace game for the entertainment of the spectators.
History of T20 match
A shortened form of cricket known as Cricket Max was developed in New Zealand in the 1990s by the former Test batsman Martin Crowe.
The official rules for T20 established by the England, Wales Cricket Board, and the first tournament was played by the English county teams, in 2003.
The format quickly adopted by other countries, and two years later Australia and New Zealand played each other in a lighthearted T20 match in Auckland. The first official international T20 match. Both sides wore uniforms from the 1980s and wore (mostly fake) mustaches.
It quickly became apparent because that T20 had the potential to attract a new, vibrant, young audience to cricket.
The first T20 World Cup, played in South Africa in 2007, was won by India, creating a huge market for T20 on the subcontinent that quickly exploited by the IPL. Subsequent World Cups played in various cricket-playing countries, with the West Indies capturing the most titles (two).
Traditional cricket followers, however, feared that inevitably T20 would threaten the future of Test cricket and regarded as the purest and most intricate form of the game.
General rules in T20 match
The Laws of cricket apply to Twenty20, with major exceptions:
- Each bowler may bowl a maximum of only one-fifth of the total overs per innings. For a full, uninterrupted match, this is four overs.
- If bowler delivers a no-ball by overstepping the crease, it costs one run, his next delivery is designated a “free-hit”. In this circumstance the batsman can only be dismissed through a runout, hitting the ball twice or obstructing the field.
- The following fielding restrictions apply:
- No more than five fielders can be on the leg side at any time.
- During the first six overs, a maximum of two fielders can be outside the 30-yard circle (this is known as the powerplay).
- After the first six overs, a maximum of five fielders can be outside the fielding circle.
- If the fielding team does not start to bowl their 20th over within 75 minutes, the batting side credited an extra six runs for every whole over bowled after the 75-minute mark; the umpire may add more time to this if they believe the batting team is wasting time
T20 winners till now and T20 matches list of 2021
Winner Runner up Year/Host
1. India Pakistan 2007/South Africa
2. Pakistan Sri Lanka 2009/England
3. England Australia 2010/ West Indies
4. West Indies Sri Lanka 2012/Sri Lanka
5. Sri Lanka India 2014/Bangladesh
6. West Indies England 2016/India
7. Postponed because of COVID-19 pandemic
8. TBD TBD 2021/India
9. TBD TBD 2022/Australia
UPCOMING T20 MATCHES LIST OF 2021
List will be updated soon.