Shahi Tukda is a Hydrabadi sweet dish which is very popular in India. It is known to be coming from the time of the Mughal Era. Basically, it is fried bread, served with rabri. Bread is fried in ghee(clarified butter) dipped in sugar syrup and then soaked in rabri. Shahi Tukda is a compulsory dessert in Hydrabadi weddings. The most important part is the rabri which should be perfect in both taste and consistency.
Shahi Tukda Recipe
- Milk – 1 ltr
- Sugar – 4 tbs
- Safforon – a pinch
- Almonds – accordingly
- Cardomom – 1-2
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
For sugar syrup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1/2 ltr
- Bread slices – 8-9
- Ghee – for frying
To prepare the rabri –
- Take a heavy-bottomed utensil, add milk and let it boil.
- Next, add the cardomom, safforon and sugar.
- In a small bowl, add corn flour and water.
- Pour it on the milk.
- Wait till it gets the consistency of rabri.
To prepare the sugar syrup-
- Take another utensil.
- Add sugar and water.
- Let it boil till it gets thread like consistency.
To prepare tukda-
- Take bread slices and cut them into triangle or rectangle.
- Next, heat ghee in a karahi and fry the bread pieces.
- Dip the fried bread pieces into the sugar syrup.
- In a plate place the bread pieces and pour the rabri on the top.
- Garnish it with your favorite nuts.
- Enjoy it with your family and friends.