Paneer tikka needs no introduction. It’s that same snack that is always available at Indian weddings. It is used as the favorite appetizer by everyone.
Paneer tikka originated in North-India. It requires a strong game of spices. The perfect blend of the ingredients is what makes the tikka lip-smacking. There are many versions of this dish available but this version is easiest to make.
Recipe of Paneer Tikka
- Panner(cottage cheese) – 250 gm
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Vegetables(onion and capsicum) – 2 cups (square shaped)
- Garam masala – 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Dried mango powder(amchur) – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tbsp
- Salt – accordingly
- Take a large bowl and beat the yogurt in it.
- Add all the powdered spices and salt.
- Mix well.
- Now, add the cubed paneer and vegetables.
- Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours.
- Take wooden skewers and keep them in water so that they don’t burn.
- Next, start placing the pieces of vegetables and paneer one by one.
- You can use 2 methods to cook.
First one :
- Take a grilling pan and brush it with some oil.
- Keep the skewers in the pan and keep turning them to cook from all sides.
Second one :
- Take the skewers and place them directly to the stove.
- Cook them from all the sides until it gets roasted.
Your paneer tikka is ready. Serve it with mint chutney.