Jhangore ki kheer is one of the most popular and tasty desserts of Uttarakhand. It is very delicious and easy to make that you can prepare it in the comfort of your home for your family and friends. It is made by cooking soaked Jhangora(barnyard millet) along with milk, jaggery or sugar and dry fruits. This delicious and nutritious dessert is loved by all Garhwalis.
Jhangore ki kheer Recipe
- Jhangora (barnyard millet) – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 ltr
- Sugar or Jaggery – 11/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2-3
- Dry fruits – acc. to your requirement
- Soak the Jhangora in water for 1-2 hours
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add milk, jhangora and cardamom.
- Mix until there are no lumps.
- Cook until it’s done.
- Add sugar or jaggery and stir well
- You can add more milk to adjust the liquid.
- Add the dry fruits.
- Serve hot or chilled.