Tanning of skin during summers is natural and unavoidable. It is simply the result of the sun rays on the skin for some time which makes the shade get darker than its normal skin tone.
Therefore, we present this article for all those people who are fed up with their tanned skin and want to do something about it. We have put together the best home remedies for tan removal that will surely help you to get rid of that nasty tan.
Yogurt has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types and best for tan removal.
· Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin.
. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with water.
· Do this daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
Gram flour is one of the best and natural ingredients for tan removal.
· Mix some gram flour with rose water to make a paste. apply it on your skin.
· Leave it until the paste dries. Then wash it off with water.
· Alternatively, mix yogurt and gram flour to form a thick paste. Apply it all over your tanned area and wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes. Repeat this thrice a week.
The acidic property in lemons works as a natural bleaching agent for the skin.
· You can simply dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply it on your affected area.
· Leave it on for at least an hour and then rinse it off with the water.
· Alternatively, you can also add some sugar to lemon juice and exfoliate your skin. Sugar has an excellent cleansing agent. Do this two or three times a week for quick results.
- (NOTE: When using this remedy, be sure to not apply this in any open wounds on your skin. The acidic nature of lemon juice can cause pain in open wounds. Also, lemon juice may not be suitable for sensitive skin).
Also read: Top 7 restaurants- in- budget in Dehradun https://infopyramid.com/top-7-restaurants-in-budget-in-dehradun-infopyramid/
4. PAPAYA AND HONEY FACE PACK
Papaya is yet another natural way to fight tan during the summer season. Papaya contains papain, an enzyme that exfoliates the skin. While honey serves as a great hydrating ingredient in the mask. Together they make up the best tan removal home remedies.
- Add honey to the mashed papaya. Blend it well and apply it on your face or your hands.
- Leave it for half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5.TOMATO AND SUGAR
A quick and convenient DIY is tomato and sugar scrub. Tomato helps in soothing the skin and has anti-aging properties. Applying sugar scrub on your face removes dead skin cells and helps in retaining the moisture of the skin.
- Just cut a tomato in half slice and spread the sugar on it. Now gently scrub it on the affected area.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water. It leaves your skin very smooth. Try it
6. MASOOR DAAL, TOMATO, AND ALOE VERA
Masoor daal helps to remove the dead skin, tomato brightens up the skin color and aloe vera soothes the tanned skin.
- Soak the masoor daal for the whole night.
- Grind it in the morning to form a powder.
- Mix it with aloe vera and tomato juice to form a paste.
- Apply it to your affected area and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with the water.
7. ORANGE PEEL AND OATS
Orange peel has vitamin C which is known for its capacity of removing any tan from the face. The orange peel is rich in the content of antibacterial and antimicrobial agents which helps in curing issues with severe acne and oily skin issues. Oatmeal possesses wonderful skincare properties as it cleanses, nourishes, and also heals the skin. It is a great natural exfoliant for our skin.
- In a blender, blend up the oats into a fine powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the tomato juice to it and continue to mix to ensure you get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Apply the paste on your face, neck, and the hands and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water after 20 minutes.
8. HONEY AND LEMON JUICE
Honey has the antibacterial ability for cleansing your skin pores. It also hydrates these pores and gives you a clearer skin tone. Lemon juice has a bleaching effect, which helps in removing tan quickly. It contains Vitamin C in abundance, which is a great tan removal agent.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and add some honey to it. Apply the mixture on your skin.
- Stay for 30 minutes before washing off with a mild cleanser.
9.MULTANI MITTI AND ROSEWATER
Multani Mitti (also known as Fuller’s Earth) cools and soothes sunburns. It also removes tan and makes your skin radiant.
- Add rose water to Multani Mitti and make a smooth paste.
- Use chilled rose water for a more soothing effect.
- Apply a layer of the paste on the affected areas and let it dry.
- Wash off with water or a mild cleanser.
Cucumber is highly beneficial for tanned and sunburnt skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps remove tan.
- Shred a cucumber, and squeeze to get the juice out.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the juice all over your skin.
- Let it dry and wash.
You may also add a little lemon juice to cucumber juice for added benefits.