Here we are with another quick and easy recipe, Dhokla. It is super yummy and gets ready fast. Originally, it is a Gujarati dish but we Indians love food and that love is not bounded by any boundary.
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – 1 cup
- Semolina (sooji) – 1 tbs (optional)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- ENO – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbs oil
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 10-12
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbs
- Lengthwise slit green chilies – 2
- In a large bowl, add chickpea flour, semolina, curd, green chili paste, ginger paste, lemon juice, and, salt.
- Mix all to get a smooth paste.
- Add water if required.
- Then add ENO and mix well.
- Immediately, pour the batter into a greased plate.
- Steam for 10-12 min. on medium flame.
- Insert a knife or a toothpick and check if it comes out clean.
- If it is clean then it’s ready, otherwise, cook for another 2-3 min.
- Cut it into desired shapes and let it cool.
- In a karahi, heat oil and add asafoetida, curry leaves, mustard seeds, sesame seeds, and let it crack.
- Next, add the green chili and saute for a minute.
- Now, add half a cup of water and sugar.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Pour this tempering on top of the dhokla.
- It’s ready!
- Serve it with your favorite chutney.