Vidya Balan is one of the most versatile and talented actresses we have in Bollywood. While her film, ‘The Dirty Picture’ has been a landmark film in her career which completely changed the way she was looked at in the industry.
The Dirty Picture has marked nine years today. The film was released in the year 2011.
With this film, Vidya Balan rewrote the history of women characters in Indian cinema as she delivered an award-winning performance. She essayed the role of South Indian siren Silk Smitha, a poor girl who rose to stardom after making several sacrifices. However, later the makers of the film clarified that story of the film was based on the life of many South Indian contemporaries like Disco Shanti and more.
The film broke all the box-office records and won three national awards followed by three Filmfare awards and six Screen Awards. It was directed by Milan Lutharia and co-produced by Shobha Kapoor and Ekta Kapoor. The screenwriter of the film was Rajat Aroraa. Earlier, in an interview with CNN-IBN, the director of the film Milan Luthria said that initially, when he approached Vidya with the idea, she was quite disgusted. However, when he told her “none of my products look cheap and neither will you,” Vidya agreed and then, the iconic film was created.
Now, today as The Dirty Picture clocked 9 years, apart from Vidya’s “Main entertainment hoon” dialogue, here are a few memorable dialogues from the film:
- History uthaakar dekhlo! Do cheezein common rahi hai. Mardon ka zamaana raha hai aur auraton ne aakar aafat kar di.
- Taarif mein gaali de rahe ho yah gaali mein taarif kar rahe ho.
- Main Silk hoon Silk. Koi film nahin jo interval ke baad badal jaoon.
- Jab zindagi ek bar mili hai to, do bar kyun soche.
- Kuch logon ka naam unke kaam se hota hai. Mera badnaam hoke hua hai
- Tujhe holi khelne ka bahut shauk hai par teri pichkari mein dum nahin hai.
- Jab sharafat ke kapde utarte hain, toh sabse zyaada mazaa shareefon ko hi aata hai.