A hair mask can be your biggest savior if you suffer from dry and damaged hair. A hair mask basically contains nourishing ingredients which hydrate, add shine and softness to hair in the form of deep conditioning.
In this post, we share some easy homemade DIY hair mask recipes that use simple and easily available all-natural ingredients from your kitchen.
Also read: Home – remedies for tan removalhttps://infopyramid.com/home-remedies-for-tan-removal/
1.EGG HAIR MASK
- Beat a few eggs together until the yolk and the whites are well blended.
- Massage it into your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Alternatively, you can also make other DIY using egg:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Whisk the egg and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the mixture sit in your hair for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
2.AVOCADO + BANANA HAIR MASK
Avocado is rich in vitamin E, which helps moisturize your hair and make it thicker. The potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates, and vitamins in bananas help soften and protect your hair from breakage.
To make the mask:
1. Mash together one medium-sized ripe avocado and one small ripe banana.
2. Add one tablespoon each of olive oil and wheat germ oil to this paste.
3. Gently massage this mix into your hair, covering the roots and tips.
4. After 30 minutes, rinse with cold water and shampoo.
3.ONION HAIR MASK
Onion is well known as a home remedy to getting thick hair. It also promotes hair growth because it is believed to increase blood circulation when applied on the scalp. This is one of the best homemade DIY hair masks.
- Onion extract of 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon of lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon of honey
1.Mix these ingredients in the mentioned proportions and apply the mixture on to your strands and roots.
2.Let it stays for half an hour wash it off with a mild shampoo.
3.This homemade DIY hair mask, when applied thrice a month will give you longer and thicker hair immediately.
4.MULTANI MITTI HAIR MASK
Multani mitti is a type of mud that contains iron oxide, aluminum, and silica, all of which are considered great for hair strengthening and growth. It’ll help you get rid of hair impurities without any side effects.
To make the mask:
1. Mix 100 gms of Multani mitti in a medium-sized bowl that’s half-filled with lukewarm water.
2.Apply the paste to strands.
Also read:Top 7 Fine Dining Restaurants in Dehradun https://infopyramid.com/top-7-fine-dining-restaurants-in-doon-infopyramid/
5.Banana Hair Mask
Bananas are rich in potassium, antioxidants, natural oils, and vitamins, which make them an ideal treatment for hair loss. They are found all year round and make for an amazing hair mask for hair loss.
- 2 ripe bananas
- almond oil
- Take a couple of bananas and mash them into a smooth paste.
- Add 5 to 8 drops of almond oil to this paste.
- Apply it to your hair. Tie your hair up and cover it with a shower cap for an hour.
- Rinse with cold water and then use a mild shampoo. Follow it up with a lot of conditioners.
6.Yogurt Hair Mask
A study showed that yogurt could help preserve hair endings and reduce hair damage and baldness. Yogurt even enhances hair color and acts as a hair conditioner.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
7.Mayonnaise AND HONEY MASK
Mayonnaise can be used to protect colored hair as a deep conditioning treatment. It has also been said to reduce dandruff and help tame frizzy hair.
Honey helps in improving hair and scalp health.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mixture to your hair, starting from the roots and working your way down to the tips.
- Once all of your hair is covered, leave the hair mask in for 30-45 minutes. You can boost the efficiency of the mask by wrapping your hair in a hot towel.
- Wash the mask out with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
Also read: Top 8 places to visit in Dehradun https://infopyramid.com/top-8-places-to-visit-in-dehradun-infopyramid-best/
- Eat a balanced diet. “Your hair is mostly made up of protein, so eating a balanced diet of protein-rich food is important. Anything rich in vitamins C and E which will help boost collagen production, resulting in stronger strands.
- Towel drying is a safer alternative to blow-drying, but vigorously rubbing your hair can cause breakage and split ends. Wrap your hair in a towel and let it sit for minimum damage.
- Sleeping with wet hair can be just as damaging. In addition to waking up to a frizzy, crimpled mess, you’re also putting your pliable, wet hair on the path to breakage
- Swap out your cotton pillowcase for a silk alternative. It protects the cuticle of your hair by reducing the amount of friction between your hair and the fabric.
- Trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of those brown and rough split ends. Cut about 1/4th an inch of your hair every 6 to 8 weeks to avoid the split ends to grow out again.
- Rinse the conditioner off with cold water as it is good for both strength and shine.