DIY scrub is the perfect way to make sure you keep your lips soft and exfoliated.
To prevent dryness and cracked lips, scrubbing your lips gently is crucial.
Any homemade lip scrub is extremely easy to make and depending upon your personal preference you can even choose your own ingredients. An exfoliator which is usually a natural abrasive ingredient like sugar; and an emollient, such as oil or a moisturiser to nourish those lips.
Using natural ingredients for beauty is always preferred; keeping this in mind we bring to you a bunch of delicious, fragrant, and exfoliating Lip scrub recipes you can try at home.
1.Sugar and Honey lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 squirt of honey (just enough to mix with brown sugar and make a paste)
- 1 drop vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and store up to a month in glass jar.
- To apply: Rub scrub into lips and exfoliate gently. Let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse off with warm water. Apply a generous slather of lip balm afterwards to rehydrate lips. Use 1 or 2 times weekly.
2.Rose Petals & Milk Lip Scrub
Rose petals help in naturally lightening the colour of your lips and cold milk helps in brightening.
- Rose petals
- Take petals from roses and mask them into a paste by adding milk. What you’ll achieve will somewhat look like a paste-like consistency.
- Like a regular scrub, rub this paste on your lips gently. Make sure to not be vigorous on your lips.
- Keep it on for 5 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Apply your favorite moisturizing lip balm at the end.
3.Lemonade Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of petroleum jelly
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Take your sugar and mix it with the petroleum jelly (original Vaseline) in a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to this mixture.
- Dab a bit of the scrub onto your lips and gently massage it for one minute
- Wipe it off with a wet wipe or wash with lukewarm water for bright, supple lips.
4.Cinnamon(Dalchini) Lip Scrub
Cinnamon is a natural lip plumper, helps you achieve smooth, soft lips instantly.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix them well.
- Apply the scrub using your fingertips and gently slough off the dead skin cells.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and follow with your favorite lip balm.